The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Pyramids of Doom

First off, can I just say how much I love my TiVo? I just finished watching "Pyramids of Doom: An Ancient Murder Mystery" on the Discovery/Times Channel. Airing on 1 August, I just got around to watching it this evening... It was filmed in 2000, and my quick Googling makes me think that they air it fairly frequently. If you haven't seen it, do so - it isn't terribly sensationalized (unlike, say, so many of the History Channel's offerings), and it should easily provide a wealth of inspiration - any show where one of the lead archeologists says that the finds that they made gave his (experienced) crew nightmares is going to be a good one, right? There's some stunning art, they show some cool finds, they don't draw any conclusions that deviate from the evidence... All-in-all, it was a thumbs-up kind of show. TiVo good. Spooky archeology good. Ancient pre-Columbian mystery civilizations good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home