The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Typographical changes

I made some minor changes to the fonts. The most noticeable should be up at the title (from Georgia to Papyrus for those interested in the specific details). Hopefully it looks good on all the different web browsers.

4 Comments:

Blogger HP said...

Ahh...

I thought your blog was always in Courier, for some reason. You do know that the fonts you specify have to be loaded on the target computer in order to show up? The title is just showing up as some ugly bit-mapped thing on my computer at work.

You should try to specify alternate fonts, such as:

{
font-family: 'Papyrus', 'Arial','sans-serif';
}

That's one specialty font, one default font, and a generic font that gets interpreted by the browser. That way, if the user doesn't see exactly the font you specify, they won't see junk.

8/05/2005 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

HP,
Thanks for the tip. I did just as you suggested. The posts were always in courier before, but I had to do it manually with each one, which wasn't a big deal, but I'd forget sometimes and then have to go back and republish everything.

If you get the chance, let me know how the title looks on your browser at work.

8/05/2005 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger HP said...

Looks like it's working now. I see the title in Papyrus at home, and in a handsomely generic serif font here at work.

8/08/2005 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Thanks HP

8/08/2005 06:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home