The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Return of the Haunted Vampire

I have returned to my haunted and dusty blog crypt. The spiders have laced their webs into a 'Welcome back' banner for the readers. Much has occurred behind the scenes and one development I'm excited about is the Haunted Vampire web site. Protected static has taken the lead on it and we should have more on it soon. In addition, I promise new features to The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire blog. Along with the news items of vampires, ghosts, werewolves, archaeology and Fortean events, I plan to post more links to sites featuring strange creatures, hidden mysteries, outre' web sites and frightening tales. Regarding my manuscript, there is no news to report on it at this time. My final edit is taking longer than I expected due to my facing of unspeakable terrors. But I plan to also post more on the novel in the future and on the writing process in general. And lastly, I intend to publish my shorter tales of horror and adventure on the site. You have been warned. Only the brave, the bold and the seekers of curious and forgotten lore should continue forward with us from here.

4 Comments:

Blogger protected static said...

"Much has occurred behind the scenes and one development I'm excited about is the Haunted Vampire web site. Protected static has taken the lead on it and we should have more on it soon."

Thanks... No pressure, now ;-)

4/04/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited to see you back. I missed having this site be part of my daily web diet. I hope you are well rested!
Could anyone answer this--I'm curious to know what exactly is the difference between a website and a blog?

4/04/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

I'm curious to know what exactly is the difference between a website and a blog?

All blogs are websites, but not all websites are blogs ;-)

Okay, the non-glib answer is that blogging really just takes advantage of easier-to-use web-publishing and content-management tools. It isn't anything all that different from many 'traditional' website formats - but the combination of free hosting, widespread use of fast data connections, and easy-to-use tools that are often free has turned it into a more easily labeled phenomenon.

Traditionally, you needed at least some knowledge about the web to create and maintain a website, particularly one that was updated on a regular basis. Blogging software makes publishing and maintaining a site almost as easy as using a word processor...

4/04/2006 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

Yaaaaay you're back!

4/04/2006 01:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home