The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A grim followup

I want to follow up briefly on yesterday's post on Silent Hill. One of the unfair criticisms in the MTV review of the movie is it describes it as owing much to H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos (yea!) while also calling the movie too dark and grim. WTF? If it's inspired by the Cthulhu mythos, it should be grim and dark. Don't get me wrong. I love the haunted house comedies (The Old Dark House, the Cat and the Canary) as much as anyone -- if not more so -- and I thought Slither one of the most underrated monster films in ages, but that doesn't mean every horror film has to be like that. I'm looking forward to Silent Hill. The Fungi of Yuggoth have apparently infested the brain of the MTV reviewer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home