The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, January 05, 2006

5 weird habits

Fustar tagged us. I'll start. If any of the blog mates want to play along feel free. 1. I can't fall asleep without a movie playing. I put the TV on the sleep timer and fall asleep often before the opening credits finish. If I don't have it on, sometimes my mind keeps racing. For years the movie was the Sherlock Holmes movie "Terror By Night." Then it was the Bob Hope classic "The Cat and the Canary." Currently it's the old TV series version of Sherlock Holmes with Ronald Howard as Holmes. I can trace back the incident to when the habit began, but that's another story. Another weird thing about this habit is I watch almost no television at other times. 2. When I'm with colleagues out at restaurant or bar, I sometimes slip into father mode and ask "Does anyone need to potty before we leave?" It's a habit from having three young children, but it's embarrassing. 3. Sometimes on my commute home from work I pull over at a tourism welcome center and take a nap in the parking lot. 4. Even on the coldest days when the rest of the family is wearing sweaters I run around the house in a T-shirt and cargo shorts. 5. I drink an average of 10-12 cups of black coffee a day. I'm going to tag protected static, Bella Snow, FARfetched, Sherm, and Cedwyn.

6 Comments:

Blogger protected static said...

I can't do this! I'm so... normal. Yeah, that's it; normal.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

1/05/2006 09:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drink an average of 10-12 cups of black coffee a day.

I think I can hear your heart racing from where I'm sitting.

1/06/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Harmonyfb, you assume I have a heart. I can direct you to people who would say otherwise.

;^>

1/06/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

10-12 CUPS A DAY??????? Do you EVER sleep? Your body must be used to the caffeine.

HEY! Even though I have one teenager, I still make the last minute "bathroom call" even before going down the street to grandmas! ;)

1/06/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10-12 cups?? Bah! That's nothing!

Or actually...maybe that's a great deal...

This water drinking business is pretty over-rated I reckon. I mean, who needs water? Nobody in Ireland drank water until a few years ago. We made do with tea, whiskey, Guinness etc...and we're none the worse for it...

Cough...splutter...

1/06/2006 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

Okay, I finally did it.

Mmmm, Guinness. "When times are hard, there's alway Guiness and potatoes. And when times are really hard... there's always Guinness."

1/10/2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home