The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Vampire Cat Blogging Friday

copyright Patrick MartinVeterans's Day Edition.
IN FLANDERS FIELDS The poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
(image from http://www.patrickmartin.com/)

7 Comments:

Blogger Carnacki said...

That was beautifully done, cookie jill.

Thank you.

11/11/2005 08:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! Looks like Rousseau, when he was young. :)

Hey, I found a link with something that maybe you would like: THE WONDER WORLD OF K. GORDON MURRAY

11/11/2005 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

That's sweet. Love the cat. Looks real vampirish. ;)

11/11/2005 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger PatHMV said...

I'm glad that you all enjoyed my picture of the kitten in the cemetery, which I took a couple of years ago in Grand Isle, Louisiana. It is copyrighted, and a little credit would have been nice, but you guys seem like a nice bunch and Veteran's Day is a good cause, and I always have enjoyed "In Flanders Field", so please leave it up, with my compliments. I don't have any other particularly vampirish looking pictures, but you can see some of my other photos at PatrickMartin.com.

11/16/2005 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

Patrick - our bad. We'll add copyright attribution post haste.

11/16/2005 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger PatHMV said...

Thanks! I was bored today and saw your blog in my website referrer logs. The picture of the cat is one of my favorite shots, though a lucky one. I was in the right place at the right time. What on earth did you search for that led you to it?

11/16/2005 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

You're welcome - it's a great picture. As for how cookie jill finds these, I have no idea...

11/16/2005 05:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home