The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Do you believe in ghosts?

Interesting discussion and some spooky tales here.

It was sometime around 11PM and I was laying on the couch watching a tape of Simpsons episodes. The family dog was asleep on the floor next to the couch. My back was to the stairs. When I first heard the noise, a creaking sound - ever so slight, I thought nothing of it. After all, this was a very old house that creaked more often than not. When Fred (the dog) startled and ran to the bottom of the steps, staring to the top, I took notice. By this point, I could hear each step creak as someone or something made their way down the steps. I had not yet turned to look, nearly frozen with fear. Then Fred started barking, not a bark of aggression, but the bark he did when he was happy to see a friend. I slowly turned, fully expecting to see a young woman descending the stair, but saw nothing. I thought briefly that my mind was playing tricks on me, that I was imagining the whole thing. I turned and resumed watching the television, and the footsteps continued. I counted, one footstep for each of the thirteen steps. I could not turn, would not turn to face whatever it was that was now no more than four feet from me. Then, I counted thirteen more footsteps, back up the stairs. I did not sleep much that night, nor for many nights after that.
Hat tip to the White Trash Poet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting poll results at the end of the diary. A lot of people on daily kos "don't fucking believe" in the supernatural, and a bunch of others with first hand experience.
I think it is interesting people with left leaning politics tend to be either skeptical rationalists, or are spiritualy eclectic & open to the mysterious. There is that paradox amongst many people on the left.

10/23/2005 02:21:00 AM  
Blogger gahm said...

Thanks for the pimping, Carnacki.

I was pretty surprised by the poll results, mainly because I fully expected the majority of the repsonses to be in the "no fucking way" catagory.

10/23/2005 08:46:00 AM  
Blogger gahm said...

Carnacki,

I wanted to let you know, that I have continued the series over at my blog, with part II tonight.

Over the days until Halloween, I plan on posting a few more of my personal ghostly experiences...

10/23/2005 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home