The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Monday, September 26, 2005

Witch link to missing man?

I hope the Australian police aren't just on a witch hunt. From The Northern Daily Leader in Tamworth, Australia:

NEW ENGLAND detectives are investigating a number of leads following last week's public appeal for information on the disappearance of William "Bill" Roach in 1993. Police say Mr Roach may have been cursed by a coven of witches after he had mocked them at a secret ceremony he visited with his practising witch girlfriend. Police say his state of mind may have put him in a risky position where he may have been subject to foul play. Mr Roach's mother Yvonne told a Sunday paper he was going through a "weird time" experimenting with marijuana, witchcraft and dungeons and dragons.
For the record, I would never, never, never mock a coven of witches at a secret ceremony (or any place else) and I do not mean to imply they were anyway involved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

That part about linking a "weird time" with Dungeons & Dragons always gets my goat. In college, our D&D crowd was the closest thing to a loving family some of the people had. We got several people off drugs & alcohol (your character tends to die when you're drunk) and had a lot of fun doing it.

I just wish the media wouldn't portray every D&D player as a satanic whatever. Yeah, I know, that's asking a lot for them to actually do some research.

9/26/2005 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::rolling eyes::

Oh, please. I swear, this just ticks me off worse every time I hear some half-assed "reporting" job which links role-playing games and my religion with self-destructive drug use and/or violence.

::gnashes teeth:: Gah!

9/27/2005 06:06:00 AM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

farfetched and harmonyfb,

great points... although I'm not sure if I'd characterize marijuana as a self-destructive drug. It's probably less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

But it's totally inane to compare a game with a religious practice.

9/27/2005 09:42:00 AM  
Blogger protected static said...

She coulda' blamed heavy metal, too; toss in pr0n and video games and she'd've had a clean sweep...

I suppose 'heavy metal' shows my age somewhat, doesn't it? With Marilyn Manson being so passé these days, who are parents blaming these days instead of themselves?

9/27/2005 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home