The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Saturday, April 08, 2006

My daughter and the dead mouse

My wife found a dead mouse in a trap in the laundry room. Months ago when the weather turned cold, we had a mice invasion and I had set a lot of traps throughout the house. But we hadn't seen any signs in months and this mouse had triggered a long-set trap. So she asked me to remove it because she doesn't like to deal with the dead if I'm around to do it. My 5-year-old and 2-year-old daughters followed me down to the basement. I put the youngest on top of the dryer to sit and my 5-year-old knelt over the dead mouse. "Can I touch it?" she asked. "No," I said out of habit. "Can we cut it in two?" "No," I said quietly. "Can we cut its head off?" she asked. "No," I said. My wife always says that the 5-year-old is the one that is most like me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Yeager said...

Unless your 5-year-old wants to pursue a career in biology or taxidermy, maybe she should spend more time with your wife. I didn't want to chop anything's head off until I was in high school, and that was a defensive posture. If I ever meet your daughter in a dark alley, I'm dogmeat...

4/09/2006 05:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home