The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A monster of a short stop

I recently posted about Destiny Frankenstein's three home runs in one day (see below). The Kansas City Star just wrote a profile on her:

There’s nothing easy about going through life with a name like that, not with a name like Destiny Frankenstein. Everywhere she goes, every time she fills out an application, every time she gets introduced to someone, she gets the same smirk or disbelieving look. By now, at age 22 and a senior shortstop for the Kansas softball team, Frankenstein is pretty immune to it all. “Most people just can’t believe that’s my real name,” she said by phone from Lawrence. “Like if I’m making reservations at a restaurant, I start to give them my name, and they’ll say, ‘Oh, no, we need your real name.’ And I have to convince them, ‘Hey, that is my real name!’ ”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home