The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Self-described vampire runs for governor

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

Take a gander at Jonathon (The Impaler) Sharkey, who will launch his gubernatorial campaign in Princeton, Minn., on Friday the 13th as a "satanic dark priest" and the leader of the "Vampyres, Witches and Pagans Party." snip For starters, he describes himself as a "sanguinary vampyre ... just like you see in the movies and TV, I sink my fangs into the neck of my donor (at this time in my life, it is my wife, Julie), and drink their blood," he said in an e-mail. snip "I'm going to be totally open and honest," he said. "Unlike other candidates, I'm not going to hide my evil side." Sharkey's religious convictions also might be described as well removed from the middle of the road. Call it compassionate Satanism. "On a whole, those who worship Lucifer are no more evil than those who worship other gods," he says on his website.
I don't believe he's really a vampire and I don't believe he represents the views of pagans or witches well either. Hat tip to PhillyGal for emailing the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home