The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Vincent Schiavelli, RIP

One of the great character actors, Vincent Schiavelli, died Monday at his home in Sicily. He was in many of my favorite films, the George Zucco of my generation if you will. He was 57. Schiavelli played parts in Blade Runner, The People vs. Larry Flynt, Lord of Illusions, Lurking Fear, Corpse Killer, Ghost, Amadeus and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. But my favorite role of his was playing the alien John O'Connor in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. He was wonderfully quirky.

John O'Connor: They're only monkey-boys. We can crush them here on earth, Lord Whorfin.
Rest in peace, Mr. Schiavelli.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I forgot he was in Buckaroo Bonzai! It's sad that his death is not getting that much coverage while everyone else is going nuts over the death of the Dunkin Donuts guy. But I guess that is the nature of the biz.

12/29/2005 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Oh man, when I heard about that, it broke my heart. I loved that guy in Ghost. He was a great actor.

12/29/2005 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Cavan Scott said...

Only this afternoon we watched Batman Returns and commented on how great he was. A real shame...

1/01/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home