My Plan for Victory in Iraq (A response to Meteor Blades)
Meteor Blades asks an important question: What Would You Do in Iraq? I thought about it on my commute home from work. I came up with a 20-step* National Plan for Victory.
- First, the U.S. government will pay me $10 million. Considering the amount of corruption, war profiteeering and outright thievery occurring now in Iraq, paying me $10 million is an outright bargain. A steal, you might say, except in GOP terms, $10 million doesn't amount to petty theft. $10 million is such a bargain, I might have to reconsider step 1.
- The U.S. puts $9 billion into my Swiss bank accounts. Using Coalition Provisional Authority accounting methods, the money will not be considered a payment. It will simply "disappear." You might ask - if you're an unpatriotic pagan heathen who burns the flag to light your marijuana cigarettes on Christmas day - how giving me money will solve the problems in Iraq. The answer is simple: it won't.
- We change the name of Iraq to "Wyoming." Almost no one knows where Wyoming is on a map. The same holds true with Iraq. This will give Iraqis American citizenship. It will also lead Bush and Karl Rove to believe the lives of Iraqis are really important because
Wyomingians Wyominites Wyomingerscitizens of Wyoming are predominantly Republican.
- U.S. troops will have to be pulled out of combat in
IraqWyoming because of posse comitatus.
- Wyoming Gov. Dave Freudenthal will now be known as Gov. Achmad Freudenthal. U.S. Rep. Barbara Cubin has to spend time in her Falluja office to deal with constituent complaints.
- Wyoming's population will increase to the point that it deserves representation in the Electoral College.