The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Haunting Memories of my "first time"

Generally for anyone who is a believer in "ghosts, goblins and things that go bump in the night", there always that one moment when you remember your "first time" of a ghostly "encountering" My first "real experience" with a sighting was at my Junior High School...La Cumbre Junior High. The theatre was where I had encounters with "Edwin" (Why are theatres always so haunted?") The history.....Edwin was a student who was killed in the theatre in the 1950s when a counterweight sand bag fell from the cat walk and broke his neck. He has been sited wandering the theatre and in the upper cat walk. The sand bag that killed him still exists but is not used anymore. I spent quite some time in the theatre during my time there and some really freaky things happened thanks to Edwin. Lights not being able to be turned off. Doors flinging themselves open. Sandbags being lowered with no one else in the theatre. The spotlight moving behind a locked door. A shadow of a figure walking up and down the aisles. The sound of footsteps walking behind you. Of course, all these incidents were accompanied by a chilly breeze. I still get "goosebumps" when I think my encounters. When was YOUR first time? Care to share?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carnacki said...

This is a great post cookie jill.

My first encounter with the paranormal was a UFO sighting. A group of us were standing outside in the driveway saying goodbye to friends who had come over for a cookout. It was just past sundown and someone pointed out a shooting star and then the shooting star traveled vertical and then horizontal again.

I'll post my first ghost encounter later and I'll get around to finishing my Outre' Banks post, which also includes a ghost. (I left it in a comment in one of your posts a week or two ago).

10/05/2005 12:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was up in upstate Vermont several years ago. It was night and decided to go for a walk. As I stepped outside the sky was saturated with all of these gestural shapes and figures of different colors. They were swirling around everywhere. At one point a small ball of light started circling in front of me and I heard laughter coming from various directions. They were swirling around everywhere. It kept going on until I thought to myself "I don't want to deal with this". I don't do drugs or drink, to this day I have no explanation.

10/05/2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger protected static said...

I think I can honestly say that I haven't had any experiences that I'd chalk up to the supernatural (except for maybe seeing Pink Floyd at RFK Stadium circa '94 or '95 - but I had, uh... herbal assistance)... I've always been somewhat of a rationalist, and while I've definitely experienced some odd things, none of them ever seemed to be so out of the ordinary that I'd have described them as supernatural. Everything's been pretty much within two standard deviations of 'normal'.

Ironic? Perhaps. I guess I'm probably best described as a combination of Mulder and Scully: I want to believe, but I have yet to see enough evidence to convince me. It is perhaps no coincidence then that I chose 'Thomas' as my confirmation name prior to my estrangement from the Catholic Church...

10/05/2005 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Justin Cognito said...

I'm with protected static. I want to believe, but I'd like to at least see or hear something that can't just be chalked up to swamp gas or the wind first. I believe that there's a life after this, yeah, and I had a fun night listening to my roommates share encounters and look up ghost tours, but I'd like a little, eye-to-eye proof first.

10/06/2005 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home