The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, September 04, 2005

An explanation

To my international readers, Nell in England and many others, I'd like to say thank you for bearing with me as I post so often about Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans. I wish to explain. New Orleans, with its spooky above ground crypts, its proximity to the swamps and connection to voodoo rituals and Anne Rice's witches and vampires, is probably the city most associated with horror in the United States. Most importantly, the hurricane and the subsequent dereliction of duty by President Bush and his administration created one of the most horrific events ever in my country. I hope this post explains, but if not it's because I'm still having difficulty understanding how such a collosal failure could occur by a federal emergency agency that once served as a beacon of hope for people in dire circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home