The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Monday, July 11, 2005

Exorcism

Some time ago, a good friend, 42, sent me a book Hostage to the Devil by Father Malachi Martin. I intended to review it, not just my usual hastily written post, but an opus of a review. I pictured it as reading like a New York Review of Books style review. Other bloggers from across the blogosphere, particularly the conspiracy sites, would link to it and comment on it. In my imagination, it was going to be the big, breakout post for The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire. Then something happened along the way. I began doing research on the subject. As I did research, my view point changed again and again. I went from thinking that if exorcism helped people, it was good. It did not matter how it worked as long as they benefitted. But then I read stories like this and thought the last thing I wanted to do is embrace a subject that could lead to people being harmed. I read about exorcism on religious sites, on paranormal sites and conspiracy sites. And the more I've read on the subject, it seemed the less I knew. The confidence I felt when I decided to tackle the subject is gone and replaced with confusion. So I don't know when I'll post my Hostage to the Devil review. But I know the subject has my head spinning like Linda Blair's in The Exorcist.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I had mentioned to you once before, I know someone whom the rite of exorcism helped. (albeit, not a full-blown ordeal as Rev. Martin writes about).

Your head isn't the only one spinning. All I can say is that sometimes you do not know you've crossed the fine line between the real and surreal until after the fact.

7/12/2005 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home