The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Horror quotes

The list of AFI's Top 100 movie quotes was released. The horror quotes include: 21. "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti," "The Silence of the Lambs," 1991. 37. "I'll be back," "The Terminator," 1984. 44. "I see dead people," "The Sixth Sense," 1999. 49. "It's alive! It's alive!", "Frankenstein," 1931. 56. "A boy's best friend is his mother," "Psycho," 1960. 68. "Here's Johnny!", "The Shining," 1980. 69. "They're here!", "Poltergeist," 1982. 70. "Is it safe?", "Marathon Man," 1976. 76. "Hasta la vista, baby," "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," 1991. 77. "Soylent Green is people!", "Soylent Green," 1973. 83. "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make," "Dracula," 1931. 84. "Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast," "King Kong," 1933. I debated including a couple of the science fiction movies in the horror category, mainly Terminator and Terminator II. In my decision, I considered the cyborg another version of the unstoppable killing machine represented elsewhere in horror by Jason and Michael. Considered from that stand point, I thought of many other similarities The Terminator movies shared with the Halloween and the Friday the 13th series that I had not thought of before (and may post in the future though it may be a subject better suited for Final Girl). I also thought AFI should have put the Dracula quote much higher such as the top spot. AFI officials may want to consider wearing crucifixes and eating a diet heavy with garlic to avoid repurcussions for their slight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Corpses that have been dead for twenty-seven years do not get up and go for a walk by themselves!" Night of the Creeps.

I'm surprised that quote and movie didn't make it on AFI's list.

6/23/2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

You're right, it should have.

6/23/2005 01:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home