The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, February 26, 2006

RIP: Darren McGavin

While I know some of y'all are going 'Who?', I know others recognize this as the passing of the original Kolchac.

McGavin, 83, died Saturday of natural causes at a Los Angeles-area hospital with his family at his side, said his son Bogart McGavin. McGavin also had leading roles in TV's "Riverboat" and cult favorite "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Among his memorable portrayals was Gen. George Patton in the 1979 TV biography "Ike."
McGavin's official website is here; his IMDb page is here. [via Pam Spaulding @ Pandagon]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is sad news. Kolchak was one of my favorites - I remember sneaking downstairs to watch after everybody else had gone to bed.

I had no idea he was 83.

2/26/2006 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been busy painting and working all weekend and didn't know he had passed away. I actually have Season 1 of the Night Stalker in my Netflix envelope waiting for me this evening. Kismet.

I actually chose my career path because of this man's work on that show.

2/26/2006 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I didn't realize he was that old, either. Some great childhood memories watching that show. I loved it.

2/26/2006 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home