The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bloggers of the night! What sweet posts they make...

I've been fighting to keep demonic hordes at bay for the past couple of days* so haven't been around the horror blogosphere. Here's an update about what else is going on: The CavBlog directed me to a really cool web comic, The Yellow Jacket. Pulpy goodness from Thrill Seeker Comics. Sam Costello of the Dark, But Shining crew is doing a bit of self-promotion for his comic book tale, Dark Matters in Variants 2. That means I'm promoting his self-promotion. Viral marketing at its finest, but the comic does indeed look worthy of picking up. Cover art on the left. Congratulations Sam for being published. Fustar has a terrific post on UFOs, a topic I find fascinating but don't cover nearly as much as I should. Exclamation Mark reviews one of the classics, The Day of the Triffids. Mark's reviews are often better reads and more informative than many professional reviewers. Tim has a nice tribute to the recently departed Shelley Winters at Mondo Schlocko. Also don't be afraid to check out his cool Mondo Schlocko pod casts. Episode 2 is up. Once bitten, twice damned links to an anime film in my Netflix queue. Warrenzone reviews The Boogeyman. Everything at Final Girl is worth reading, but the humor in her post on the 10 worst slasher films in her Hall of Infamy is especially cutting. The Groovy Age of Horror is nominated for a Rondo award. Congratulations Curt! He's too nice to campaign for votes. Fortunately he's got friends like me not above such things. Go vote for the Groovy Age of Horror or face the vampire's curse! And last, but never least, Keith at Old Haunts has a spooktacular collection of 8mm "horror" movies.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carnacki said...

*OK, I wasn't really fighting off demonic hordes. More like a virus. Mostly I've just been sleeping. It's left me feeling like I fought a horde.

1/17/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

That bites. I've been up to the proverbial wazoo with work and assorted familial obligations, myself... That and I've learned the hard way that I'm too old to go sledding on a saucer ;-)

Groomed tubing hill? Sure, no problem. Bumpy sledding hill? Not so much.

Go back to bed, Carnacki...

1/17/2006 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

protected static,
I went in early today to try to make up for calling in yesterday and the boss took one look at me when she came in and told me to go home.

What happened on the sledding hill?

1/17/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

What happened? I went sledding, of course.

I was just reminded (again) that I'm not as... resiliant as I once was. Proper sledding technique for someone in their late 30s evidently does not include descending the hill on one's shoulders.

Or back.

Or head.

Or any combination thereof, really. In fact, if it ain't a sled, it shouldn't be in contact with the hill.

It was fun, but I paid for it the next day.

1/17/2006 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Hahaha.

I remember watching a high school game last year and thinking the typical play that I'd bounce up from 23 year ago would require a week of bedrest today.

We're not young pups any more. But as I always say, Aging sucks, but it beats the alternative.

1/17/2006 05:26:00 PM  
Blogger Curt Purcell said...

Thanks Ben--a friend indeed!

1/17/2006 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

Though art far too kind, Ben my man! :)

1/18/2006 12:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben! You are far too kind when it comes to describing my site, but keep it up!

Your blog is still one of my favorite reads.

1/18/2006 08:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. I noticed that the post was put on a uforeview.net 'news' list..

Am I watching them, or are they watching me watching them...?

*shrieks once...then descends into madness*

1/20/2006 08:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home