The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Timothy Truman takes on Conan

Timothy Truman, one of my all-time favorites in the comic book field, is going to take on the Conan books for Dark Horse. This should be good.

"Truman really has the same sensibilities as Howard," commented Mignola. "His stuff has that gritty, tough, action-adventure feel, but he also knows the bigger-than-life pulp-era monster stuff that comes from the old-fashioned supernatural literature. You can tell he learned that from reading writers like Howard as opposed to from reading superheroes." Busiek agrees. "I'm absolutely thrilled that Dark Horse got Tim Truman for Conan," said the former Conan scribe. "And I'm not just saying that because I suggested him. I've been a fan of Tim's work since he did Scout, way back in the Pleistocene Era, and I think he's terrific at rough heroics in a brutal, corrupt, decadent world, which suits Conan beautifully. Heck, if it had been a choice between Tim and me, back when Dark Horse started the series, I'd have picked Tim." snip "Being asked to write Conan was a real surprise—quite literally, the fulfillment of a childhood dream," commented Tim Truman. "Conan is one of the very few characters that I've ever been fannish about. I'm an unrepentant, unreconstructed Robert E. Howard fanboy and have been since I was twelve years old. Howard's Conan marked every important character that I've ever done—Grimjack, Scout, Hawkman, Jonah Hex." Regarding his plans for the series Truman commented, "I want to maintain the level of wonderful literacy and humanity that Kurt Busiek brought to the character and series, while adding my own naturally darker and more intense spin on things. I want to keep the humanity and character interactions, while at the same time injecting even more of Howard's poetic, dime-novel darkness into the mix. Luckily, we're entering a phase of Conan's career, chronologically, where it will fit really well."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home