The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

'World of the strange'

icLiverpool has an interview with local ghost hunter, Tom Slemen... The subject? His latest book, "Strange Liverpool":

TOM SLEMEN, Liverpool's renowned ghost-hunter, was drawn into the art of story-telling by his grandmother, Rose. As a child, he would often visit and, in those pre-electronic gadget days that now engage youngsters from dawn to dusk, listen spellbound instead to her stories. Tom says: "She told me magical tales of Liverpool's past. She brought alive characters such as the Galosher Man, the Teacher Clock and Spring-Heeled Jack. My imagination was fired by her tales. "While I was researching Haunted Liverpool I found a lot of facts that would not fit into my paranormal story books. Thinking of my gran's stories, I thought, how about a 'Strange Liverpool', to follow up the Haunted and Mysterious series and I just went from there?
Who knew Liverpool was such a strange place? Not I, that's for sure... Well worth reading the entire thing - the article has 4 or 5 abbreviated (I assume) versions of stories that are in the book. If these stories are any indication of the books overall, this might be a series I need to add to my Amazon wish-list... Sounds like a good series

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home