The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Stephen King dishes it out

From Maine Today's bulletin board:

I had the distinct, and unforgettable, pleasure to meet Mr. Stephen King on Monday 9/12. Yes, *the* Stephen King. At least that´s what I kept thinking in my head, as I watched him serve spaghetti with the rest of the kitchen staff at a Hurricane Katrina benefit last night. He is SO down to Earth, he actually blended right in, which is quite a feat, considering he is 6´4"! Yet, his height was NOT the biggest part of his presence... that would be his heart. I have looked up to Stephen King my whole life. Being a girl from Maine, you don´t come across many celebrities in your home state. So, for me, Mr. King has become a shining example of just how much you can accomplish, right in your own backyard. I grew up reading his books with my Father, and now buy him the newest one for Father´s Day each year. I was THRILLED to find out my Father could attend the benefit and take a picture of his daughter with one of her idols. My Dad was beaming. It was truly a moment I´ll never forget.
Yes it is rather gushing. If it was from a newspaper, I'd not post it. Since it's from a message board from a fan, I'll cut the writer, Cookie "Cutter" Girl, some slack. Afterall, I'd probably post something similarly gushing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home