The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Monday, August 15, 2005

Lilith

Last week, curt from The Groovy Age of Horror made a great suggestion that I read George Macdonald's Victorian-era horror novel Lilith since she is a central character in my horror manuscript. My novel uses several characters from Victorian literature and it would be easy enough to make a few changes as a nod to George Macdonald's classic. Today's thought for today from a spiritual site I subscribe to was this:

Annihilation itself is no death to evil. Only good where evil was, is evil dead. An evil thing must live with its evil until it chooses to be good. That alone is the slaying of evil. Why did God allow evil to enter the world? Source: George Macdonald, "Lilith"
I do not want to give any spoilers to my manuscript, but I got a chill down my spine reading that quote.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carnacki said...

HP,
Yes, please do.

8/16/2005 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger protected static said...

Please share with the group ;)

8/16/2005 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Thanks!

8/16/2005 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Curt Purcell said...

Glad you liked Lilith, Ben! I'm still liking your book!

8/17/2005 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

What chapter are you on, Curt?

8/17/2005 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Curt Purcell said...

Just finished XV. Quite a twist with Adena!! ;-)

Have you read HISTORIAN yet? I've been checking out reviews, and it sounds like 500 pages (out of 650!) of period detail. Not likely to jump-start the horror genre, if that really is the case. Too bad they didn't go with your book! (Were you really passed over at some places in favor of Kostovo's?!?)

8/18/2005 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Thanks Curt. Adena's my hat tip, if you will, to some of the subtext in the original Dracula and also elements in other vampire novels.

I did have one publisher email me that he really liked my book, but he had too much vampire fiction in the pipeline. I looked it up in one of the trade pubs and the publisher was re-releasing a lot of P.N. Elrod's back catalogue. So she's my literary nemesis though she doesn't know it. ;^>

I have The Historian sitting on my bookshelf with a few other books I'm saving for the beach in September. I've been tempted to begin it, but I'm proud of myself for actually being discliplined for once.

8/18/2005 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home