The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Ghost hunters find the unexpected

I am eager to go out with these paranormal investigators on a dark and spooky night soon. I received an email this morning from Susan Crites of the West Virginia Society of Ghost Hunters:

It always happens when you least expect it! Seeing a full figure ghost walking toward you, that is! When it happened, I was thinking about the Ghost Hunters who were, at that moment, attempting to “bait & lure” a large, dark entity in the lower portion of the graveyard. I was standing on a terrace in the graveyard, above the action of the main group, unable to go further because of my bum leg. The night was warm, clear and quiet...no wind. As a strained to see the action below me, I heard footsteps in the fallen leaves behind me. I turned to see which Ghost Hunter was approaching but no one was there. I returned my attention to the group and a strong, cold wind began to blow around me. At the same moment, my walkie-talkie chirped and Paranormal Expert, Lisa Y. asked, ” Do you see the man on hill beside you on the right?” I turned my head in time to see a tall, overly thin man with long, wild hair and a knee-length coat walking toward me, his hair and coat flowing out from his body in the wind! “Who is that,” I asked myself. “Is that one of our Ghost Hunters or some intruder in the graveyard?” Instantly, I decided it wasn’t one of our people. My adrenaline level shot up and I prepared myself to deal with some weirdo wandering the graveyard. In the next instant, he took another step toward me and became back-lit by a street light. Suddenly, I realized I could see THROUGH him! He kept walking toward me, my heart started to pound and, very slowly, very quietly, I keyed my walkie-talkie. “Lisa, can you guys come up here? I said, trying to control the exhilaration that I felt. “We can still see that guy,” she said. “Me, too!” Lisa Y. and Debbie B., both among the most experienced Paranormal Investigators in our group, hustled their way up the hill in time to see the ghost. He moved about 300 feet, from left to right, across the crest of the hill and walked toward a small group of trees. Bravely, Lisa and Debbie followed him into the darkness. They were after that rare photo of a full-figure ghost standing nearby! Strange and dramatic things happened all night long at this site. The men who bravely offered themselves as “bait” to the “Sasquatch” or huge ghost or whatever it was, were successful in “luring” the thing out. They could clearly heard its footsteps and other noises near them on the trail! I think that yesterday’s partial eclipse of the sun may have stirred up the supernatural energy. Every unusual astronomical event over the last 16 years has made for dramatic ghost hunting results! Tonight’s Paranormal Investigation of the Stonewall Jackson battlefield site and dark, wooded area that surrounds it should still benefit from the partial eclipse. This site is known to be far more actively haunted than last night’s site. This Paranormal Investigation could be a real “heart stopper!” Join us, if you can. If not, I’ll let you know how many of us come out in one piece!
Hat tip and thanks to Susan (who holds the copyright for the email) for letting me post. Happy haunting hunting tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home