The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Poppy Z. Brite

From South Coast Today:

On Saturday, New Orleans author Poppy Z. Brite decried evacuation, citing her 28 animals, saying she had no intention of "holing up somewhere safe and dry while the animals cower in terror and go hungry." By Sunday, on livejournal.com, she announced her change of heart: "We are at my mother's house in central Mississippi. We bugged out at 1:00 this afternoon, battening down the hatches as best we could and bringing only our dog and our oldest cat, Colm, who requires daily medication. I'm absolutely sick about the ones we left behind, ashamed of having abandoned ship, and doubtful that I will ever see my home again. However, we caved in to pressure from our mothers, who can accomplish what 10,000 e-mails and radio warnings screaming 'YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!' cannot."
I didn't know Poppy Z. Brite had a live journal. I'll have to look it up later and add it to my side bar. I hope she no longer feels ashamed about having listened to her mother. She did the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home