The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Thursday, August 18, 2005

vacant places, fleeting images

Dark Passage: 'urban archaeology' - photos and photo essays detailing abandoned and creepy places and spaces: mental hospitals, train tunnels, power stations. One of their essays details a train tunnel in Providence, RI - at the end of which sits the former funeral parlor where Lovecraft's funeral was held. They also hold (held?) themed events in the NY Metro area. Linked with Dark Passage, we have Mustard Gas Party, a site of photographic essays done in a mix of black & white, color, and infrared film. Check out Model Settlement, one of their most recent essays. Courtesy of one of our site visitors, who came here from Stacie Ponder's blog - I found the link to Dark Passage while checking out Stacie's main site.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carnacki said...

I'm in love with Dark Ponders.

8/18/2005 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Dark Passage, I mean.

8/18/2005 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Yeah I love these sites, too! Love the whole Urban Exploration trip.

Ben, have you seen INFILTRATION MAGAZINE yet? Good stuff.

I've actually owned the domain, abandonedplaces.com, for years now, planning to do an online gallery of lonely, vacant, spooky photographs, but have never quite hunkered down to get something going with it. I still hope to at some point. Usually I get all into THAT phase in the Fall.

8/21/2005 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

"I'm in love with Dark Ponders"

Ha! Sweet. Now I know what to name the gothic soap opera about me I was planning to do...

9/15/2005 06:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home