The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, August 21, 2005

St. Paul's Cathedral, London

Last week, our small hp printer began sending messages of the printer cartridge carriage mechanism being obstructed when there was no apparent sign of trouble. It's the printer that came with the computer and several years old, one of those devices that cost more to service than to buy a replacement. So when a commercial-grade, almost new printer/copier/scanner/fax was up for sale at the church's charity auction on Saturday evening, I asked about it. The owner told me the fax did not work, but everything else worked fine. He had bought a new one for his office and put this one in for the charity sale. I decided to bid on it and got it for $35. Since I don't need a fax machine -- and never had a copier or a scanner at home -- I think I got a pretty good bargain. Especially considering Mr. Shanholtz's coconut cake sold six times and went for a total of more than $350. I hooked the Brother MFC-5200C up and it worked fine. (Did I mention it came with several packs of replacement ink too?) To make a long story short (too late), I now have the ability to scan in some of the photos I took on my trip to the United Kingdom years ago, including some of the sites that inspired scenes in my novel. Here's a photo I took of St. Paul's. I can't remember if it's in the first book, but it currently is in the second book (subject to change since I'm on the first draft and I tend to cut a lot). I'll begin a series soon of photos I took of different locations such as Highgate Cemetery, the British Museum, York, Bath, mentioned in the book with accompanying text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home