The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Friday, July 08, 2005

Sacramento hosts Buffy convention

In every generation, a convention is born. From The Sacramento Bee via The Chicago Tribune:

"What the show touched on for a lot of people is the empowerment of the individual," said Ginger Graves, a pharmacist in Bangor, Maine, and one of the convention's organizers. "Sometimes you get an intellectual conversation about it. Sometimes you're like, `Go, girl -- kick butt!"' The Whedonverse & Beyond Convention runs Friday through Sunday. (The event is named for Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy" and the spinoff series "Angel.") Fans won't get an interview with a vampire, but they can take a picture with one. Others might bring wooden stakes -- for actors to sign.

2 Comments:

Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

I LOVE Buffy....I missed this? oh...no!

"I didn't say I'd never slay another vampire. It's not like I have all these fluffy bunny feelings for them, I'm just not going to get way extra-curricular with it." -- Buffy

(but I have fluffy bunny feelings for the Mystery of the Haunted Vampire!)

7/09/2005 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

Thanks, CJ.

7/10/2005 06:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home