The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Buffy in the buff

Sarah Michelle Gellar wants to strip down to garner more serious movie roles. From Monsters and Critics:

Sarah Michelle Gellar wants to strip off for her next film role. The sexy actress admits she is desperate to bare all on the big screen before she hits 30 so her fans can see her in her prime. Gellar, who shot to fame in the hit US TV series 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer, hopes her naked ambition will convince directors to cast her in more racy roles so she can shake off her teen star image. When quizzed on the subject, she said: "I am approaching 30 and I need a change. The sort of roles I would like are not being offered, so this way might just shock people into choosing me."
It's sad that she feels she has to bare all to get cast for more serious roles. She's a very talented actress. I'd be lying though if I didn't admit to seeing a bright side to the situation.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad that she has to feel that she needs to do this in order to get larger and better roles. I am not a big fan of her work, but it just seems that she needs to change agents to get the gigs that she wants.

7/21/2005 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

I'd say this is a comment on how poor the pickings are for women in Hollywood, but...it seems a little weird. Where is she guaging the need for nudity from? "Showgirls"? Wasn't that Elizabeth Berkley's "grown up" role?When I think of great roles for women of the past, I don't necessarily remember much nudity being involved. I mean, Ellen Burstyn in "Requiem for a Dream", or Frances McDormand in "Fargo"---I just don't see how offering to appear nude will get you better roles. More fans, maybe! Appearing nude "before 30 so fans can see her in her prime" is one of the most bizarre things I've heard from an actor. Our little Buffy's all grown up!

7/21/2005 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

stacies right there aren't enough roles for strong women in Hollywood. And I suspect that we're going to see the nation taking steps backwards in terms of how women are viewed and especially treated. So it's going to get worse. I only hope it eventually gets better.

7/21/2005 08:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home