The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire

We've moved! Please check out www.hauntedvampire.com, the new home for our 'Tales of supernatural horrors!'

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Building up for 'Wax'

Elisha Cuthbert talked to SciFi Wire about the physical demands of her role in the upcoming House of Wax.

"As much as it feels like a Scream, we've amped up the gore in this dramatically," Cuthbert said in an interview. "It's punchier than any other sort of teen horror. It's a lot of fun, but at the same time there's moments where you're like, 'Oh, my God!'"

In the film, Cuthbert (The Girl Next Door) plays a college student who confronts a pair of maniacal brothers when she and her friends are stranded outside of a seemingly abandoned town. Cuthbert said that she really got into the showdown scenes between her character and the film's villains in which she got to swing a baseball bat. "I felt like that was my moment," she said. "I felt like that was where my character goes, 'I am not a sissy. I am going to solve this situation,' and it's going to be enough to be satisfying for a resolve of a movie. All the people there can testify I was so sore the next day, because they were going to give me a fake bat, and I said that there's no way, because the feeling and the motion of having a real bat changes everything."

I remember a woman friend who loved to swing the bat at zombies and other creatures of the night whenever the opportunity presented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home